Each week on Facebook and Twitter, we share links to news and blog posts and articles that inspire us all to find the motivation to start with a program, stick with a program, love ourselves more, take better care of ourselves and find ways to feel better through movement.
It isn’t always easy. So we’re always on the lookout for good reads that you can turn throughout your day to find inspiration and a community of like-minded people who are experiencing the same challenges you are facing.
Here are a few links we loved this week:
- How A Little Exercise Brings Big Benefits - …at least 20 minutes (of exercise) a day makes a truly profound difference in your health and dramatically reduces the risk of a whole host of diseases, particularly diabetes, heart disease and dementia, as well as cancer.
- Find Exercise in Life’s Margins - Exercise has no lower limit. Every bit counts. But setting the bar too high is a recipe for consistent failure… The mistake many successful people make is to assume that it’s all or nothing. Either you’re training for a marathon or you’re doing nothing at all. The goal in all cases should be progress, not perfection.
- Deskercise! 33 Ways to Exercise at Work - Whether you’re in a cubicle, always on calls, or stuck in a conference room negotiation most days, here are 33 GREAT ways to exercise at work
- The secret to getting out there and exercising? Getting out there and exercising - Not feeling like it can be one of the many barriers that we throw up in front of ourselves as blocks to what we want to do. My view is that motivation comes after action, not the other way around. If we hang around waiting for external factors to line up perfectly, then we have a great excuse to wait around forever. However, if we realize that the important part is action, we can choose when we want to do that.
- How to Break Through a Strength Training Plateau - There’s no one reason why gym rats may stop seeing progress, but both beginners and vets alike may see their strength gains start to wane. One answer is to change things up, and we have some tips to keep making progress (and keep things fresh!) on the gym room floor.
Category: Links We Love | Tags: exercises to do at work, find exercise in life's margin, how a little exercise brings big benefits, how to break through a strength training plateau, links we love Comment »