Each week on Facebook and Twitter, we share links to news and blog posts and articles that inspire us all to find the motivation to start with a program, stick with a program, love ourselves more, take better care of ourselves and find ways to feel better through movement.
It isn’t always easy. So we’re always on the lookout for good reads that you can turn throughout your day to find inspiration and a community of like-minded people who are experiencing the same challenges you are facing.
Here are a few links we loved this week:
- The Happiness of Pursuit: This is what a fitness journey should be – a journey to be enjoyed not one undertaken with only the final destination in mind.
- Swing Into Summer With Playground Workouts: If you’re strapped for time, playgrounds are ideal workout spots, and not just because they’re free. You’re stuck there anyway, they’ve got all the equipment you need, and research shows even tiny bouts of exercise are associated with increased fitness.
- 3 Easy Workouts That are Better than Nothing: “Some people love to start their week with an energizing workout, while others want to ease into their week — especially if it’s after a particularly exhausting weekend. If you’re starting out your week without the bang, here are three “way better than nothing” ideas for you to do today that are easy to commit to.”
- Six reasons you avoid exercise at work and how to overcome them: “Numerous studies link exercise to mood elevation and productivity enhancement, as well as more collaborative and tolerant behavior. The benefits of exercise are copiously well documented; the trick is effectively integrating a regular exercise program into a conservative or restrictive work environment.”
- Top five tips for fighting fitness fatigue: “It doesn’t matter if you exercise seven days a week (not recommended) or twice a week, if you do the same thing over and over, you are destined to get bored and burned out from that ‘same ol’ routine.”