Each week on Facebook and Twitter, we share links to news and blog posts and articles that inspire us all to find the motivation to start with a program, stick with a program, love ourselves more, take better care of ourselves and find ways to feel better through movement.
It isn’t always easy. So we’re always on the lookout for good reads that you can turn throughout your day to find inspiration and a community of like-minded people who are experiencing the same challenges you are facing.
Here are a few links we loved this week:
- Dogs Make Excellent Workout Buddy: Grumble when you have to walk the dog in the morning? Make him your best workout buddy instead: “Not only can dog walking help you shed the pounds, but it also can lower blood pressure, increase mental sharpness and lower the risk of heart disease.”
- 8 Reasons for Women to Lift Heavier Weights: 8 Reasons Why You Should Lift Heavier Weights (And no, you will not “bulk up!”)
- Weight Lifting Helps Keep the Brain Sharp: Exercise isn’t just for the young and spry. It’s also key for maintaining strength, balance and mental well-being in older folks — and it’s never too late to start.
- 4 Fitness Tips from the Women of Team USA: Four of Team USA’s finest offer tips on fitness, muscle, and mental strength.
- Strength Training as a Family Affair: On why you AND your kids should strength train: “A number of studies show that strengthening the muscles around the knee reduces the risk of A.C.L. injuries. Stronger muscles make you a better athlete, but also a safer athlete.”
Category: Links We Love | Tags: dogs as workout buddies, family fitness, fitness links we love, fitness tips, fitnessglo, fitnessglo links we love, it's ok for women to life heavy weights, links we love, why women should lift heavier weights Comment »