So much of sticking to a routine is about what we tell ourselves about sticking to a routine. We can make up our minds to do anything. But as you stick to that routine for the fifth, sixth or twentieth week in a row, the mental game begins. The reasons why we might need to skip a workout creep in. All the ways an extra day off sounds good begin to…sound good. A goal in mind can seem unattainable if we let ourselves listen to the negative voice in our heads that says “You can’t.”
We’ve all been there. We’ve all wrestled with the “you can’ts” and some of you may be right smack in the middle of you cant-itis. FitnessGlo trainers to the rescue! We’ve gathered a few of the best YOU CAN! advice from our trainers to help you through this week:
- How to Get Motivated When You Don’t Feel Like Exercising – Denise Klatte explains how a little bit of music can get you up and moving on the days when you really don’t feel like exercising.
- Through Your Courage Great Change is On the Way – Petra shares seven great tips for starting a fitness program or continuing on during blah days.
- How to Stay Motivated When You Don’t Want to Workout – Ilyse shares a sure fire tip for staying motivated that helps you recognize all the benefits of sticking to your plan.
- Stick to Your Plan on Those Un-Motivated Days - After taking one of his amazing FitnessGlo classes, we caught up with Jeffrey Scott. He shares one great tip that will be sure to get you motivated on the days that you really don’t want to workout.
- Quick Tips for Sticking to Your Workout - Just before teaching a FitnessGlo class, we caught up with Amy Dixon. She shares a few great ways to create lasting habits so you can workout regularly and stick with it.
- How to Make Working Out a Priority - FitnessGlo instructor Petra Kolber shares two great tips on how to make workouts a priority in your life. Our favorite line? It’s not about numbers (the number on the scale, the size of your jeans), it’s about how you feel.
- I Just Don’t Have Time – Petra unpacks one of the most popular “I can’ts” of all time. And guess what? We can find the time if we want to find the time.
Join me in telling yourself one oh so important thing this week: YOU CAN.