Each week on Facebook and Twitter, we share links to news and blog posts and articles that inspire us all to find the motivation to start with a program, stick with a program, love ourselves more, take better care of ourselves and find ways to feel better through movement.
It isn’t always easy. So we’re always on the lookout for good reads that you can turn throughout your day to find inspiration and a community of like-minded people who are experiencing the same challenges you are facing.
Here are a few links we loved this week:
- 10 Ways to Find Your Motivation to Work Out After Work – “What can you do when you feel the “blahs” coming on and you just don’t feel like working out after work? Give a few of these ideas a try!”
- An Outdoor Gym Where Your Workout Creates Power - How cool is this? 15 minutes on this outdoor elliptical charges your cell phone. What do you wish your next workout could power?
- The Mental Aspects of Fitness - ”The mental aspect of fitness begins with the commitment to actually do it. You need to tell yourself how important it is and your brain needs to click in agreement with a hard ‘yes!’ But that’s the easy step; the hardest one is consistency… overcoming the million excuses you’ll come up with to not workout. This is the hardest of all.”
- Get Ready for Your Summer Hike with These Exercises - Hiking is a great cardio and muscle-building workout — and you can burn 180 calories in just 30 minutes. Hiking trails vary in difficulty, yet no matter where you go it’s a common sight: once-enthusiastic hikers having to stop halfway through, too exhausted and out of shape to finish the trail.
- How cool is this? 15 minutes on this outdoor elliptical charges your cell phone - Those 15 minutes on the elliptical machine might end up being worthless to you, but at this outdoor gym in England, it might mean enough juice to charge your phone.